The Philippine Solar Car web site (thru the De La Salle University-Manila) strives to make its information in this web site, accessible for all users, including people with disabilities. This is an on-going activity to reach the widest audience possible.
- All pages on this site are evaluated based on the Manila ICT Design Recommendation, complying with all of the PWAG Recommeded Accessibility Validation Checklist. We have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.1. The Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) used in this web site were validated by the W3C. These validations ensure the pages' readability and presentation across different browsers.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H2 and H3 tags are used for main titles, H4 and H5 tags for subtitles. For example, on this page, JAWS users can skip to the next section within the accessibility statement by pressing ALT+INSERT+3.
Images & Hyperlinks
- All inline images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes and others are declared within a stylesheet.
- Complex images include D-link or alternative descriptions to explain the significance of each image to non-visual readers.
- Most links have TITLE attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- This site uses cascading style sheets (CSS) for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- Most of the bulk text content in this site use only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 2 - Skip to Main Content
- Access key 3 - Skip to Section Menu Navigation
- Access key 4 - Skip to Footer Menu Navigation
- Access key 5 - Help page
- Access key 0 - Web Accessibility Guidelines (this page)
- Access key c - Contact Information
- Access key k - Send Feedback
- Access key m - Site Map
- Access key p - Printer Friendly Version
- Access key r - Copyright & IPR information
- Access key u - Go to DLSU Home Page
- Access key x - Check the validity of the page's source code (XHTML)
- Access key y - Check the validity of the page's stylesheet (CSS)
Although we continue to test and modify this web site for accessibility, there may be some legacy pages and pages developed by third-parties that are not fully compliant with our standards. If you would like further information about our accessibility standards or have problems accessing this web site, please contact our webmaster.